SR. UX ARCHITECT
Chicago, Illinois • United States
The User Experience Architect is the main advocate for the consumer and plays an integral role in the development of our clients’ digital experiences. Working closely with all in-house teams, the User Experience Architect will contribute to the planning process by organizing information, developing architectures, and applying design thinking and user-centered principles to help create effective, engaging and usable products.
We are building a world-class agency, model, and culture with unlimited opportunities; join us!
This is a full-time position based in Chicago.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based and mobile information architecture, responsive design, as well as demonstrated knowledge of inclusive design practices and techniques.
- Connects the dots between user needs, innovation and good experience design.
- Experienced in guiding the user experience from start-to-finish, helping drive results.
- Reviews research on competitive web sites, existing web initiatives, past web projects and consumer research.
- Work well within template-based, modular systems to help push the experience.
- Synthesize and apply research findings to aid the team in developing and prioritizing experiential changes.
- Lead and collaborate with project team members and clients to develop delightful and engaging solutions.
- Obsessed with the details when communicating user needs, requirements and design decisions to team members and clients, alike.
- Prepare UX documentation (site architectures, wireframes, use cases and flows, etc.) to be used by the production teams.
- Ensure UX documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the respective teams.
- Able to juggle multiple assignments at once.
- Proactive and can thrive in a fast-paced environment that values entrepreneurialism and results.
- 5+ years of experience in the role of user-experience architect, information architect, user experience lead, user-experience designer.
- Related industry experience in QSR, eCommerce, CPG, large-scale site optimization, and communications desired.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Product Design, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- High proficiency in Sketch, Omnigraffle, Invision, Axure, MS Office; portfolio samples required.
- Experience applying research and analysis to site development.
- Experience with: CMS/modular template-based systems; user research, accessibility, testing and analytics preferred.
- Experience with: software development process/business analysis; user research, usability practices and testing preferred.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven understanding of and experience with: The user-centered design process; development of organizational/structural concepts for Web site; project processes for the development of large scale Web site projects; documentation requirements for Web development teams; application of content management, personalization.
- Thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
The Special Sauce
We mean it when we say we are committed to building and nurturing an open, inclusive, diverse environment where our employees can learn, change and grow as fast as the world around them.
Cheesy? Maybe. True? Absolutely.
If these qualities sound like you, let’s talk.
- Restless, curious and passionate
- Brings positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- Thrives in a start-up environment
- Always exploring, inventing and creating
- Belief in respect and tolerance
we are unlimited
A new kind of fully integrated agency built from the ground up. Combining the power of data with cultural foresight, Unlimited is an omni-channel agency designed exclusively for the speed and complexity of McDonald’s business, and populated with the best and brightest talent from across the Omnicom Group and beyond. We work in direct partnership with McDonald’s, mobilized to deliver world-class creative work and business solutions at speed, scale, and efficiency, and with unprecedented impact.
McDonald’s is the foundational client and will be our sole focus as we build a vanguard agency for this world-renowned brand. We seek professionals who see the opportunity to carry the torch for this brand leader and have passion to help accelerate this storied brand to an even more successful future.
Our workspace in the heart of Downtown Chicago has been completely purpose-built with a focus toward inspiration, collaboration and speed. Our culture will value excellence in character and craft in equal measure. Our team has collaborative spirits, curious minds, and kindness at its core. This agency is built on the notion that human potential is truly unlimited, and is only fully unleashed when people working together respect and appreciate each other as talented equals.
we are unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforceApply for this job