NARRATIVE STRATEGIST (DIRECTOR LEVEL)
Chicago, Illinois • United States
Our Narrative Strategists are smart, kind and passionate champions who shape the strategies and stories that lead to stellar work. At their core, they’re right and left brain thinkers and doers who marry business strategy, open data and consumer insights to develop innovative and engaging ways for people to connect with our founding client McDonald’s.
They are charged with crafting, owning, and selling in the story that keeps our integrated strategic and creative teams on the right path. Narrative Strategists need to be good at identifying the signal from the noise and can collaborate across a cross functional team without losing the plot. Report to the CSO.
Be a part of transforming this storied, iconic brand.
- Strategic leader who is expert in brand planning, savvy in integrated and digital marketing, an effective manager and team leader and a strong partner to agency Creatives.
- Work with integrated team to lead the strategic process on identified initiatives.
- Be the lead brand strategist charged with elevating the quality of the work, contributing to inter-agency training, and being the go-to person for key clients.
- Understand how to map out a customer journey and understand the barriers, triggers, and KPIs for every step of that journey.
- Create a fun, inspirational environment and mentoring individuals to help them grow in client and engagement strategy.
- Be a good partner and counselor to a range of integrated creative teams to help them make the work even better. Constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the strategy group.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment that values entrepreneurialism and results
- 7+ years of planning, strategic planning and/or related communications experience within an integrated, digital or social agency environment, working with leading brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy preferred.
- Possess broad and deep expertise in building brands.
- Have good right and left brain skills and be comfortable with data and analytics.
- Must operate well in a very flat and collaborative structure to deliver strategic solutions and roll up their sleeves to bring those solutions to life.
- Demonstrate proven experience managing cross-functional teams to come up with ideas far better than anyone could ever do alone and to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
- Possess a record of being trusted by executive-level clients as a source for ongoing thought leadership and counsel.
we are unlimited – A new kind of fully integrated agency built from the ground up.
Combining the power of data with cultural foresight, Unlimited is an omni-channel agency designed exclusively for the speed and complexity of McDonald’s business, and populated with the best and brightest talent from across the Omnicom Group and beyond. We work in direct partnership with McDonald’s, mobilized to deliver world-class creative work and business solutions at speed, scale, and efficiency, and with unprecedented impact.
McDonald’s is the foundational client and will be our sole focus as we build a vanguard agency for this world-renowned brand. We seek professionals who see the opportunity to carry the torch for this brand leader and have passion to help accelerate this storied brand to an even more successful future.
Our workspace in the heart of Downtown Chicago has been completely purpose-built with a focus toward inspiration, collaboration and speed. Our culture will value excellence in character and craft in equal measure. Our team has collaborative spirits, curious minds, and kindness at its core. This agency is built on the notion that human potential is truly unlimited, and is only fully unleashed when people working together respect and appreciate each other as talented equals.
we are unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Apply for this job