NARRATIVE STRATEGIST (DIRECTOR LEVEL)
Chicago, Illinois • United States
We’re looking for someone to help lead our Narrative Strategy group and play a strong role in bringing to life The Cortex, the data and insights hub our agency is built around. Our Narrative Strategists are smart, kind and curious thinkers who shape the strategies and stories that lead to stellar work. At their core, they are broad-brained thinkers and doers who marry business strategy, open data and consumer insights to develop innovative and engaging ways that change the way agencies work and redefine how brands interact with people.
They are charged with crafting, owning, and selling in the story that keeps our integrated strategic and creative teams on the right path. Narrative Strategists need to be good at identifying the signal from the noise and can collaborate across a cross functional team without losing the plot. The Strategy Director will work closely with strategists, creative and clients at all levels.
As a member of We Are Unlimited, you will work on our founding client, McDonald’s, while shaping the future of the agency in preparation for taking on additional clients in 2018.
This role will report to the CSO, helping grow manage, mentor and improve the strategic and creative output of the agency. The right person will fight for smart, unexpected, insight-driven work throughout the strategic and creative processes and will lead by example through their engagement in the day-to-day work.
- Strategic leader who is expert in brand planning, savvy in integrated and digital marketing, an effective manager and team leader and a strong partner to agency Creatives.
- Work with integrated team to lead the strategic process on identified initiatives, ensuring consistent quality and relevance of all outputs of The Cortex.
- Be the lead brand strategist charged with elevating the quality of the work, contributing to inter-agency training, and being the go-to person for key clients.
- Understand how to map out a customer journey and understand the barriers, triggers, and KPIs for every step of that journey.
- Create a fun, inspirational environment and mentoring individuals to help them grow in client and engagement strategy.
- Be a good partner and counselor to a range of integrated creative teams to help them make the work even better. Constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the strategy group and the agency.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment that values entrepreneurialism and results.
- 7+ years of brand strategy planning and/or related communications experience within an integrated, digital or social agency environment, working with leading brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy preferred.
- Possess broad and deep expertise in building brands with a POV on how brands can find a relevant role in culture.
- Have good right and left brain skills and be comfortable with data and analytics.
- Operate well in a flat and collaborative structure to deliver strategic solutions and roll up their sleeves to bring those solutions to life.
- Demonstrate proven experience managing cross-functional teams to come up with ideas far better than anyone could ever do alone and to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
- Possess a record of being trusted by executive-level clients as a source for ongoing thought leadership and counsel.
- Please provide a URL of portfolio work, slideshares or other examples of creative work your strategy expertise may have inspired or derived from.
The Special Sauce
We mean it when we say we are committed to building and nurturing an open, inclusive, diverse environment where our employees can learn, change and grow as fast as the world around them. Cheesy? Maybe. True? Absolutely. We’ve built the infrastructure for the agency of the future – and we need the right people who will evolve with it.
If the following qualities sound like you, let’s talk.
- Restless, curious and passionate
- Brings positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- Thrives in a start-up environment
- Always exploring, inventing and creating
- Believes in respect and tolerance, but doesn’t hold back a point of view.
we are unlimited A new kind of fully integrated agency built from the ground up. Combining the power of data with cultural foresight, Unlimited is an omni-channel agency designed for the speed and complexity of McDonald’s business (and most businesses today). Populated with the best and brightest talent from across the Omnicom Group and beyond, we work in direct partnership with McDonald’s to deliver world-class creative work and business solutions at speed, scale, efficiency, and with unprecedented impact. We seek professionals who see the opportunity to carry the torch for this brand leader and have passion to help accelerate this storied brand to an even more successful future.
Our workspace in the heart of Downtown Chicago has been completely purpose-built with a focus toward inspiration, collaboration and speed. Our culture values excellence in character and craft in equal measure. Our team has collaborative spirits, curious minds, and kindness at its core. This agency is built on the notion that human potential is truly unlimited, and is only fully unleashed when people working together respect and appreciate each other as talented equals.
we are unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Apply for this job