Chicago, Illinois • United States
Our Narrative Strategists are smart, kind and curious thinkers who shape the strategies and stories that lead to stellar work. At their core, they are broad-brained thinkers and doers who marry business strategy, open data and consumer insights to develop innovative and engaging ways that change the way agencies work and redefine how brands interact with people.
They are charged with crafting, owning, and selling in the story that keeps our integrated strategic and creative teams on the right path. Narrative Strategists need to be good at identifying the signal from the noise and can collaborate across a cross functional team without losing the plot. This role will report to the Strategy Director, but will work closely with strategists, creative and clients at all levels.
As a member of We Are Unlimited, you will work on our founding client, McDonald’s, while shaping the future of the agency in preparation for taking on additional clients in 2018.
- This is an evolved brand planning role that extends to all channels, multiple partners, and all corners of the agency. Our model requires not only collaboration, but integration at the highest level.
- The Narrative Strategist is part of The Cortex, the strategic center of the agency, and works with all Cortex partners to not only find the thread of the story, but – importantly – to tell that story in compelling ways.
- You must be an expert in brand planning, savvy in integrated and digital marketing and effective at being a strong partner to agency creatives. Your ability to distill unexpected insights from a variety of data sources is crucial.
- You’ll be building campaign strategies across multiple channels from briefing to final reporting and must understand how to map out a customer journey, identify barriers, triggers and KPIs for every step of that journey.
- Must have familiarity with various testing models (qualitative and quantitative), and be comfortable in identifying the right research tool for the right job.
- You’ll work closely with clients and account/strategy/creative teams to leverage research and analyze social data and weave relevant insights into engagement strategies.
- Must ensure the strategic representation of the Cortex within the agency and across integrated creative teams.
- Maintain relationships with Social Media Platforms partners (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn,)
- Will identify and nurture new business opportunities within and outside of McDonald’s base by building relationships and demonstrating the value of your team’s work.
- 4-6 years experience in brand strategy/planning and/or related communications experience within an integrated, digital or social agency environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; portfolio school study in advertising or brand strategy considered, but not required.
- Expert in understanding of social media and established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape
- Must operate well in a flat, fast-paced and collaborative structure
- Passionate about the quickly-evolving digital/social media environment with a strong POV to share with clients and colleagues.
- Research skills, with the ability to generate data-based insights to weave into the creative process
- Superior communication, organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- Show a creative mindset, an eye for quality content a desire to constantly push the boundaries of what is considered “advertising”.
- Please provide a URL of portfolio work, slideshares or other examples of creative work your strategy expertise may have inspired or derived from.
The Special Sauce
We mean it when we say we are committed to building and nurturing an open, inclusive, diverse environment where our employees can learn, change and grow as fast as the world around them. Cheesy? Maybe. True? Absolutely. We’ve built the infrastructure for the agency of the future – and we need the right people who will evolve with it.
If the following qualities sound like you, let’s talk.
- Restless, curious and passionate
- Brings positive energy to everything you create and everyone you meet
- Thrives in a start-up environment
- Always exploring, inventing and creating
- Believes in respect and tolerance, but doesn’t hold back a point of view.
we are unlimited A new kind of fully integrated agency built from the ground up. Combining the power of data with cultural foresight, Unlimited is an omni-channel agency designed for the speed and complexity of McDonald’s business (and most businesses today). Populated with the best and brightest talent from across the Omnicom Group and beyond, we work in direct partnership with McDonald’s to deliver world-class creative work and business solutions at speed, scale, efficiency, and with unprecedented impact. We seek professionals who see the opportunity to carry the torch for this brand leader and have passion to help accelerate this storied brand to an even more successful future.
Our workspace in the heart of Downtown Chicago has been completely purpose-built with a focus toward inspiration, collaboration and speed. Our culture values excellence in character and craft in equal measure. Our team has collaborative spirits, curious minds, and kindness at its core. This agency is built on the notion that human potential is truly unlimited, and is only fully unleashed when people working together respect and appreciate each other as talented equals.
we are unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.Apply for this job